Friday, April 29, 2011

I Love Books!

This is my final entry for my Digital Storytelling course. I wrote a short essay on what it is about books that I love. I first tried using ImageLoop, a slideshow tool, to try something slightly different. I just wanted to create a slideshow with captions, but it doesn't have that capacity. Therefore, I decided to use Voicethread again to see if I would do better with the phone recording this time. http://voicethread.com/share/1993138/  




Here is the short essay:
I love books! I love the smell of them when they are new and smell of ink. I love their smell when they are old and smell of libraries. I love the feel of their smooth pages. And I love the feel of their rough spines. I love their ability to transport readers to other places and times. I love their capacity to let us live many lives at once. Most of all, I love their redemptive power to free us from prisons that are often not physical.

I like that I didn't include the captions along with the phone voice recording this time around. I think it's because I wasn't in a panic about losing my creation! I think Voicethread is a great storytelling tool. If someone as technologically challenged as I can use it, so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment